Re: [HTCondor-users] Give access to admin commands to non-root user

Hmm, ok so using just âtrusteduserâ indeed did work, but what also did not work was using trusteduser@xxxxxxxxxxxx where the Illinois.edu domain was specified as the UID_DOMAIN. I had that before, and when that wasnât working, was when I tried the wildcard for the domain.

This does make sense I guess if FS auth just looks at the owner of a file it writes, the uid_domain would not show up there, so trying to match on the UID domain with FS might not work as expected? Itâs also possible there is some more intelligence behind that process though, Iâll let someone smarter than me determine the truth of that.

Also, after digging, I found the section on QUEUE_SUPER_USERS in the manual. Searching for that string did not find it in the Config Macros section of the admin manual.

Thanks for the help all!

Gianni Pezzarossi

Computational System Analyst

Research Services