[HTCondor-users] Pool-wide event log

Hi all,

I didn't find any documentation on this: can I have a single pool-wide event
log on the condor master node or is the event log only supported on the submit
nodes?

By adding the following lines to a submit node's config, I was able to get an
eventlog on that machine, on the master node, this does not have any effect,
though.

EVENT_LOG = /var/log/condor/EventLog
EVENT_LOG_FORMAT_OPTIONS = JSON
EVENT_LOG_JOB_AD_INFORMATION_ATTRS =
CpusProvisioned,MemoryProvisioned,GPUsProvisioned,DockerImage,JobBatchName

If a single pool-wide event log is possible, do I have to configure that
specially?

A note on why we use the event log at all: we want to plug the HTCondor job
information into ClusterCockpit <https://github.com/ClusterCockpit> and
afaict, monitoring the event log is one of the better solutions to do so.

Thanks,
Joachim