Re: [HTCondor-users] Inconsistency in authorizations for condor_userprio

John M Knoeller skrev den 06-01-2022 21:02:
Hi Bert,

 It seems you are running up against some experimental code to give
(as you guessed) fine grained control to some users  so they can set
the prio factor of groups that they own.

 You should notâ be hitting this error message if you have
ADMINISTRATOR access to the NEGOTIATOR.   HTCondor 9.0 has the same
experimental code, so it is unexpected that one version works but the
other does not.  The real problem is likely some other change to the
config or to the HTCondor auth code.

Hi TJ,

You are correct: I checked all 9.0.0 to 9.0.8 and they behave identical.

It is indeed related with auth stuff (after a config change of mine)

When I change, on the client

SEC_CLIENT_AUTHENTICATION_METHODS = IDTOKENS, FS, PASSWORD, FS_REMOTE

SEC_CLIENT_AUTHENTICATION_METHODS = FS, PASSWORD, FS_REMOTE

The all is working again.

So summarized: IDTOKENS auth-code passes through this undocumented/
not-yet-documented feature NEGOTIATOR_CLASSAD_USER_MAP_NAMES, and
the default 'nothing configured' seems wrong.

 We are looking into this and will post an update when we figure out
what is going wrong and/or find a workaround for you.

So just putting FS before IDTOKENS on the node where I want to modify
the prio factors seems enough.

Thanks!

Bert.