Re: [HTCondor-users] Multiple CredDs in a single pool

> Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2022 17:29:01 -0600
> From: Greg Thain <gthain@xxxxxxxxxxx>
> To: htcondor-users@xxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: Re: [HTCondor-users] Multiple CredDs in a single pool
>
> On 12/19/22 15:52, Miguel Garrido wrote:
> > Hi
> >

> > Are multiple CredD hosts supported in a single pool, and if so, how
> > can we help the execute nodes pick one as the LocalCredd? I am only
> > worried about the existence of a LocalCredd being chosen because the
> > documentation states that this is necessary to run jobs as the owner
> > on Windows.
>

> Hi Miguel:
>
> I don't think that we can make multiple credds work in a single pool.? I
> assume the goal is to increase availability?? If so, many sites use the
> config knob CREDD_CACHE_LOCALLY=True, which allows HTCondor to store any
> credentials successfully fetched locally, and reuse them from there,
> even if the credd is unavailable.
>
> Would this work for your pool?
>

> -greg

Hi Greg,

We already use CREDD_CACHE_LOCALLY in our pool, however, I'm not sure
how long the cache is good for. I want to make sure I can survive at
least one CREDD failure without much delay/interruption in a scenario
where the local cache is invalid,

I have been able to advertise multiple CredD class ads to a pool and
have observed that as long as the credd name is unique there will be a
distinct class ad for it. From reading tj's response yesterday I
suppose the differentiator for jobs/workers would be to name the
"local credd" by way of CREDD_HOST in their configs.

Thank you