Re: [HTCondor-users] Backfill BOINC jobs with partitionable slots

On 3/26/2020 6:50 PM, Alec Sheperd wrote:
Hi,

I've been trying enable BOINC backfill in our local condor cluster and seem to be running into issues triggering the backfill state.

The local BOINC client configuration seems to be correct, I can start it manually and run jobs without issue, but that the slot never goes from Unclaimed/Idle to Backfill.

We also use partitionable slots, which I'm curious if that might be part of the issue.

Hi Alec,

Yes, I think that is definitely an issue.

We think HTCondor's built-in BOINC backfill support works for execute nodes using static slots, but there are issues/complications for nodes configured to use partitionable slots. We expect to sort this out and soon post a HOWTO config recipe that folks can cut-n-paste even if they are using partitionable slots. The config recipe will go into the manual and onto the htcondor-wiki; we will post the URL to this list and the HTCondor homepage. We hope to have this available in a few days.

best regards and stay safe,
Todd