Re: [HTCondor-users] USE_VISIBLE_DESKTOP=True and Windows 10

Microsoft has been making it harder for services to interact with the Usersâs desktop in each release.

Now it appears that they  have finally turned this off for good.

In the Windows 10, build 1703 release, they removed the âinteractive services detectionâ service, which is needed to make USE_VISIBLE_DESKTOP work.

See this page

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/deployment/planning/windows-10-1703-removed-features

And Our instructions for enabling visible desktop

https://htcondor-wiki.cs.wisc.edu/index.cgi/wiki?p=UseVisibleDesktopVista

Interestingly, you can still mark as service as âallowed to interact with the desktopâ but there is no way to see the services desktop anymore.

so Iâm not sure what the checkbox is supposed to do.

-tj