[HTCondor-users] important bug fix if you spool a lot of input files

Hi folks,

Just a heads up regarding two important bug fixes if you spool a lot of
input files when submitting jobs (e.g. via condor_submit -spool, or
condor_submit -remote):

1) In HTCondor v8.8.6+/v8.9.4+, we fixed a bug where condor_preen may
mistakenly remove files from the the spool directory if the
condor_schedd is heavily loaded or becomes unresponsive.

2) Also in HTCondor v8.8.6+/v8.9.4+, we fixed a bug where condor_preen
could render the condor_schedd unresponsive once a day for several
minutes if there are a lot of job files spooled in the spool directory.

While most HTCondor sites do not regularly spool lots of input files,
for the sites that do so, please consider upgrading if needed to fix the
two above bugs.

Full details at
   https://htcondor-wiki.cs.wisc.edu/index.cgi/tktview?tn=7320

Hope the above helps,