[HTCondor-users] dagman behavior question

Hello All -

Running 8.8.5 on our cluster and noticed a user having issues submitting a DAG. After looking into this, I have 2 questions about the behavior of DAGman.

1)      Can scheduler universe jobs run on any node in the cluster?

2)      When running -no_submit and editing the dagman submit file, does this operate differently than a regular submit file?

To clarify the last point, I tried editing the requirements of the job in the submit file but looking at the ClassAd it doesn’t appear that the requirements were taken into consideration.

Thanks for any help y’all can provide and let me know if there’s any more information I can send to help.

Kevin