Re: [HTCondor-users] Disable HasFileTransfer for hosts?

On 05/29/2018 10:07 AM, Joe DiTommasso wrote:
I've got a cluster composed of machines in multiple filesystem domains. I want to be able to explicitly control where jobs are executed. If HasFileTransfer is true, jobs will be started on any machine in the cluster, regardless of their filesystem domain. Is there some other way I should be going about this?

If you control all the submit points, you can set (in the submit file, or via a schedd transform)

should_transfer_files = no

and the schedd will append && (Target.FileSystemDomain == My.FileSystemDomain) to every job's requirements expression.

By default, the schedd will insert the schedd's FILE_SYSTEM_DOMAIN from the config file into the job ad, but if you want to be more specific, you can put your desired FileSystemDomain into each job with with a +FileSystemDomain:

should_transfer_files = no
+FileSystemDomain = "blue"

Then this job would only match machines in the "blue" FileSystemDomain, but not do file transfer.

-greg