Re: [HTCondor-users] Drain HTCondor worker by setting instance metadata value

On 09/06/2017 12:06 PM, Sveinung Rundhovde wrote:

> Iâm creating an extension to an OpenStack component that should be able to autonomously scale up/down the amount of workers in a HTCondor cluster. The set-up consists of a central manager with a publicly accessible IP, and a set of workers with private IPs only. I need a mechanism to have HTCondor temporarily stop sending jobs to the workers.

Are you using ansible or something? What I do is basically "cat conffile
| sed s/start=true/start=false/ && condor_reconfig" on the node. Some
day I'll get around to making a salt recipe for it but so far I've just
been running that over ssh -- if you use ansible you already have that
set up.

--
Dimitri Maziuk
Programmer/sysadmin