Re: [HTCondor-users] node gone from condor_status?

On 03/06/2017 09:36 AM, John M Knoeller wrote:

> Is the node configured to send updates via TCP.  Check the UPDATE_COLLECTOR_WITH_TCP knob on the execute node.
> If updates are UDP, then it's possible that only the initial update (right after the reconfig) got through to the collector
> Because the initial update is always TCP, but if UPDATE_COLLECTOR_WITH_TCP=false, the subsequent updates with be UDP.

What is the default? Nothing's changed since I moved our configs to
config.d in 2014, UPDATE_COLLECTOR_WITH_TCP is not in any config files
(inc. stock condor_config shipped w/ the rpm).

The node is back in the condor_status output. This may or may not be
relevant, but is seems it was gone while it wasn't accepting jobs, and
now that it's accepting them again it's back.

Also, the central manager is still on 8.2.10: updating it is a little
trickier than updating the workers.
--
Dimitri Maziuk
Programmer/sysadmin