Re: [HTCondor-users] SOAP not available in this daemon

On 6/1/2017 8:53 AM, Ben Cotton wrote:
The SOAP interface isn't available on the Shadow or Startd (just the
Scheduler and Collector, I believe), so these messages are expected.
What are you trying to do with SOAP calls to those daemons?

Ben is correct, SOAP calls are only available against the condor_collector (for doing condor_status type calls) and the condor_schedd (for doing condor_q, condor_rm, condor_submit type of calls). Like Ben, I am wondering what you are trying to achieve by attempting to communicate to the startd and shadow.

Also be aware that the built-in SOAP API support in HTCondor is expected to go away in the v8.7 release series sometime later this year, as times and tastes have changed... most of our user base is happy via the either the command-line tools or the included HTCondor Python Bindings which we have introduced and been enhancing now for a couple years. See
  http://htcondor.org/manual/v8.7/7_7Python_Bindings.html

http://htcondor.org/HTCondorWeek2016/presentations/Bockelman_Python-tutorial.pdf

Obviously if you attempting to interface HTCondor with Python, the Python bindings are the way to go. If coming from other languages, don't discredit the command-line tools --- for instance, command-line options to condor_status/q/history like -format, -constraint, -json, -xml, etc, are designed with scripting in mind.

Other alternatives are available via contributions from 3rd parties, such as CondorAgent (provides access to HTCondor via a HTTP-REST interface) and HTCondor DBQ (provides access to HTCondor via a relational database management system interface). Some 3rd-party contributions are posted on the HTCondor Wiki at:
  https://htcondor-wiki.cs.wisc.edu/index.cgi/wiki?p=ContribModules
Specifically see
  https://github.com/cyclecomputing/condor-agent
and