Re: [HTCondor-users] Collector waits for file .collector_address

COLLECTOR_ARGS = -sock collector -local-name COLLECTOR01

	The -sock argument is unnecessary and may actually be harmful.

The local-name argument is unnecessary and is almost certainly harmful -- the HTCondor daemons do not look some configuration settings up for both their local name (COLLECTOR01) and their subsystem (COLLECTOR) to prevent collisions. This is probably also causing the collector not to write an address file (since COLLECTOR01.COLLECTOR_ADDRESS_FILE isn't set).

COLLECTOR02_ARGS = -f -p 20002 -sock collector2 -local-name COLLECTOR02

	If you don't want a shared port, you shouldn't pass a socket name.

COLLECTOR02_ENVIRONMENT =
"_CONDOR_COLLECTOR_LOG=$(LOG)/Collector02Log
_condor_COLLECTOR_HOST=$(CONDOR_HOST):20002
_condor_COLLECTOR_NAME=Collector2 _CONDOR_USE_SHARED_PORT=FALSE
_condor_CONDOR_VIEW_HOST=$(COLLECTOR_HOST)"

I don't remember the parsing rules for the environment off the top of my head, but I'd feel better if the space on the fourth line were a newline, instead.

It should be harmless to leave shared port turned on for the collector, given that you're specifying a fixed port number in the arguments. Also, since the master creates a daemon's sockets, I'm not sure that setting _CONDOR_USE_SHARED_PORT in a collector's environment will do what you hope.

- ToddM