Re: [HTCondor-users] HTCondor/cgroups: limiting CPUs/pinning processes to CPUs with hyperthreaded CPUs

From: Thomas Hartmann <thomas.hartmann@xxxxxxx>
Date: 02/04/2016 10:46 AM

> many thanks for the info!
> I have not considered CPU time sharing/known about its implementation in
> HTCondor/cgroups. Using cpu shares should get a much better resource
> utilization than pinning ;)

I was a very early adopter of cgroups right from 8.0 back in 2013, and
love 'em. I suspect you will too. At least a couple of the cgroup bug tickets
originated with me, both at CHTC and Red Hat. ;D

They're really an essential element of exec node self-defense, and
made a big difference in the uptime numbers back when we were still working
on disciplining some of our misbehaving jobs.

        -Michael Pelletier.