Re: [HTCondor-users] Access to renamed DAG node names

On Mon, 12 Jan 2015, Brian Candler wrote:

Actually a couple of other requirements:

- a generic SCRIPT POST which reads the output of a job and delivers it elsewhere - given a report of a failed node in JOBSTATE.LOG or NODE_STATUS file, be able to locate the stdout and stderr relating to that job, for diagnostic purposes

Hmm -- you're saying that for failed nodes you'd like to see the values of output and error put directly into the JOBSTATE.LOG or NODE_STATUS files,
so you could find them without having to look at the submit file?

So I might had dag.dag containing

SPLICE FOO dag1.dag
SPLICE BAR dag2.dag

with dag1.dag and dag2.dag both containing

JOB A generic.sub
VARS A job=A
SCRIPT POST A send_results $(job)

For PRE and POST scripts, just use $job without the parentheses, so:

  SCRIPT POST A send_results $job

will work.

and generic.sub has

output = $(job).out
error = $(job).err

For the actual HTCondor job to you have to use the DAG VARS feature as I mentioned in my previous email.

The documentation for -usedagdir suggests that it's only when multiple independent dags are submitted on the command line; it doesn't describe whether or not this applies to subdags or splices.

It applies to sub-DAGs but not splices -- I guess the manual should be clearer.

Kent