Re: [HTCondor-users] prepare job hook anyone?

On 02/18/2015 03:33 PM, Dimitri Maziuk wrote:
On 02/18/2015 03:02 PM, Felix Wolfheimer wrote:
I use prepare hooks in my setup (windows and linux) and they work at least
in my case. Htcondor 8.2.4
Great! Could you tell me if you have

requirements = (xxx_HOOK_PREPARE_JOB =!= UNDEFINED)

in your submit files as per the manual section 4.4.1.4 (hook example)
and what the actual hook looks like?

Because when I define a hook:

# condor_config_val -dump | grep -i blast
BLASTSEARCH_HOOK_PREPARE_JOB = /bin/sh -c "cat > /dev/null ; exit 0"

and add the requirement I have no matching slots and condor_q tells me
to drop the requirement. Do your your hook(s) show up in "condor_status
-constraint <hook name>"?

It looks like a step is missing from the manual where you need to add the hook definition to the startd's attrs, as it doesn't do that automatically.

You'll need something like this in the startd config file

HasBlastSearchHook = true
STARTD_ATTRS = HasBlastSearchHook $(STARTD_ATTRS)

and the job requirements would then be

requirements = HasBlastSearchHook

I'll fix the manual -- sorry about that.

-Greg