Re: [HTCondor-users] Affinity of interactive jobs for a particular node?

On 8/3/2015 10:42 AM, Nathan Smith wrote:
We have observed that htcondor appears to select a favored machine for interactive jobs. The result is that we'll have multiple interactive jobs assigned to a single machine, even as htcondor is matching non-interactive jobs in a more distributed manor. Is there anything which can be done to avoid clumping interactive jobs on a single node?

We're using HTcondor 8.0 branch, and have partitionable slots configured.

Perhaps just changing NEGOTIATOR_POST_JOB_RANK
(see http://goo.gl/ZHnPhC) in your condor_config on your central manager machine (and doing a condor_reconfig of course) to something random like

  NEGOTIATOR_POST_JOB_RANK = random(10000)

?

There are fancier things done by default in more recent versions of HTCondor, but I think the above may do the trick for you in v8.0.x..

regards
Todd