Re: [HTCondor-users] dag job hung on bogus windows OpSys requirement

On Fri, 20 Jun 2014, Rowe, Thomas wrote:

Yes, the dag job itself is hung. It never starts running locally and so the .sub and .log files are empty.

Hmm -- that doesn't make any sense. Without a .condor.sub file there's no way condor_dagman can even get into the queue.

What's the command that you're running to submit your DAG?

Unfortunately this is an air-gapped network and I can't simply send you files/output.

"condor_q -l" indicates that, yes, the target operating system requirement is Winnt51, just as "condor_q -analyze" is complaining. The condor platform variable indicates Winnt51 x86, but it does that on all the other machines without problem. I'm assuming that's where the executable was compiled. A string handling bug is getting the target opsys requirement set incorrectly? If you can specify anything specific to check I will reply.

Can you please run the following commands on the machine on which the DAG fails, and one of the ones on which it works, and send the output?:

  condor_config_val.exe ARCH
  condor_config_val.exe OPSYS
  condor_history.exe -l <dag id>, extract the Requirements line

Is there any reason to think upgrading Condor might address this? Did you update the compiler used?

Well, the compiler version doesn't have anything to do with what's in the job's requirements.

This seems more like a configuration issue than a bug in HTCondor. Upgrading from 7.6 isn't a bad idea, but I doubt that it will solve this specific issue.

Kent