[HTCondor-users] Slow Performance

My question may not be connected directly to Condor but I'd like to know if anyone encountered the same issue as me.

I bought a a Dell 720xdserver with an x2 IntelÂE5-2660 v2 CPUs, 256GB DDR3 and 40TB of data that has a RAID6 over it. with HyperThreading it has 40 cores. It has Windows Server 2012 on it.

My program isn't build with MPI capabilities, it calculates data from an input file and outputs to a file once it is done - the program was compiled with MatLab.

Normally I have 150 sets of data to be caulates. When I send it to condor 40 jobs start and that's great - the problem is that it takes forever to finish a even one simple little job! The CPU is constantly working at 100%, the memory barely gets to 10% and there is no special IO on the disks that I can mention.Â

Before I bought the server, I had 4 computers with i7 4770K Haswell and 16GB of memory - the jobs literary flew when I sent it to my condor pool !Â

I don't know what to check or do - if anyone has any idea I would appreciate it.

Thank you,
Dennis.Â