Re: [HTCondor-users] Unexpected feature for Condor 8.0.2 (debugging variable expansion)

On Wed, 11 Sep 2013, Antonio Chay wrote:

The problem is that your variable is named OUTPUT.  That ends up overriding
the 'output = out' specified in your submit file.  Just make your variable
name something different and it will work.

Yes, I know. But that means I don't need to use $(...) ??
and avoid any parameter name used by condor_submit ?

Well, you still need to use $(...) in your submit file if you want to use VARS in your DAG file. Just name your variable something different (e.g., OUTPUTX will work). Your variable names specified in the VARS statement should not match (case-insensitive) the keywords in the submit file.

Kent