Re: [HTCondor-users] Personal Condor on Dual Core machine

On Fri, Jul 12, 2013 at 11:14 AM, Harshad Prajapati
<harshad.b.prajapati@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> (1) Does slot1@ and slot2@ mean that "there are two computing resources on
> my personal condor machine?"

Yes. By default, HTCondor creates as many slots on a machine (running
a startd) as there are CPU cores. It is possible to reduce the number
slots, to have more slots than CPUs, or to change the way slots are
divided (look for "Partitionable Slots" in the manual)

> (2) How many batch jobs my personal condor can run at a time? (2 as
> condor_status shows two slots.)
> (3) In above case, I do not know whether personal condor will execute all,
> say 6, submitted jobs or will execute max two jobs(due to 2 slots) at a time
> and other jobs will wait until previous jobs complete their execution?

Your machine will only be able to run up to two jobs at a time. If
there are more than two jobs, they will remain in the queue until a
slot is available.

> (4) Condor's resource scheduler is time-shared or space-shared? Is there any
> configuration to make it time-shared or space-shared?

HTCondor is incredibly configurable. This section of the manual may
help you get an understanding of the basics of the scheduling:
http://research.cs.wisc.edu/htcondor/manual/v7.9/3_4User_Priorities.html

--
Ben Cotton
Senior Support Engineer