Re: [Condor-users] When does Condor clean up the SPOOL directory?

Hi,

On Thu, May 31, 2012 at 12:17:02AM -0700, Rob wrote:
> I'm running a Condor master (version 7.7.5) on a 64 bit Fedora/linux
> system, which manages a Windows-only pool.
>
> The spool directory of the master (/var/lib/condor/spool/) still has
> directories and files of suspended jobs, although these jobs already
> are completed and thus not in the queue anymore.
>
> I thought Condor would clean up the spool directory as soon as the job
> is successfully completed. Or is this done in a periodic clean up
> procedure once a day or so?

Hmmm, this sounds similar to

http://bugs.debian.org/663031

also see

https://lists.cs.wisc.edu/archive/condor-users/2012-March/msg00052.shtml

this is still a mystery to me. Are you seeing this for vanilla jobs that
get evicted, or are you using DMTCP for checkpointing of vanilla
universe jobs?

Michael

--
Michael Hanke