Re: [Condor-users] Condor on high security networks

On Wednesday, 29 February, 2012 at 6:32 AM, Tiago Macarios wrote:
Apparently they are worried about what Condor will do with their files. I know that the project is open source and that if they wanted they could check what it is doing, but it does not seem to be enough to convince them to install Condor.
That's an odd worry -- what specially do they think Condor will do to their files?
Do any of you have this problem also and how do you cope with it? Is there any "high profile" company/organization that fits the profile I described and that uses condor?
A number of our customers are sensitive to third party software and they don't mind using Condor. The really high security folk keep their grids completely detached from the internet. Data in and out from the grid is done via sneak net. That's got nothing to do with Condor though, the grids would operate that way whether they used Condor, PBS, LSF or SGE to run their jobs. There's no trust issues with Condor for them.

Regards,
- Ian

---
Ian Chesal

Cycle Computing, LLC
Leader in Open Compute Solutions for Clouds, Servers, and Desktops
Enterprise Condor Support and Management Tools

http://www.cyclecomputing.com
http://www.cyclecloud.com
http://twitter.com/cyclecomputing