[Condor-users] DAG submission using Condor SOAP webservice

Hi All,

We  have a simple out of the box Condor 7.6.7 on Windows 7 with the SOAP Interface configured and SOAP READ/WRITE access given to everybody on the network.  Submitting simple jobs from other machines using SOAP is working great. However, we are facing problem when we try to submit a job that tries to submit a DAG. What we have done is to make the submitter machines advertise as having DAG capabilities and the jobs that try to submit DAG jobs to require that so that these jobs run only on the submitter machines.  Here is the part of “ condor_config.local” for this setup:

# Added to the submit machine to ONLY accept jobs that require DAG and advertise this machine as having DAG

HAS_CONDOR_DAG = True

STARTD_ATTRS = HAS_CONDOR_DAG, $(STARTD_ATTRS)

START = (JOB_GROUP =?= "REQ_CONDOR_DAG") && $(START)

The matching of Jobs to submit machines is happening correctly but when the job starts to run it errors out with the message:

ERROR: No credential stored for condor-reuse-slot1@PT-MASTER

Correct this by running:

condor_store_cred add

ERROR: condor_submit failed; aborting

According to the docs the  starter will assign a new randomly generated password to the “condor-reuse-slot1”  account, so storing a credential by hand will not be a solution.   We are using the “run_as_owner” flag for the simple jobs. Is there a way to tell the DAG jobs to run as owner without going to the extra step of generating the dag using “condor_submit_dag -no_submit”  and somehow editing the resulting DAG (which is very difficult since the machines submitting using SOAP don’t have access to the submitter machines file system).

Thanks

Belai