Re: [Condor-users] Question about using Condor in a non-Grid environment

On 07/20/2012 10:26 AM, Rich Pieri wrote:
Greg,

> From my reading of the example it seems that the parallel universe will not guarantee a desired start order.  Is my reading accurate?
I'm not sure what you mean by guaranteeing a start order -- there are no semaphores available to the user code, and the user jobs are running on independent machines. It so happens that the parallel universe will request the machines start in rank order, but doesn't get confirmation that the first instruction (say) of the user executable has completed.

-greg