Re: [HTCondor-users] Issues with .deb packages

On Dec 11, 2012, at 9:56 AM, Brian Candler <B.Candler@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Tue, Dec 11, 2012 at 02:38:04PM +0100, Rob de Graaf wrote:
>> I have had the same issues with the Squeeze packages for a while
>> now. Previous versions have been built with uid 1004 or 1006.
>
> Thanks, glad it's not just me.
>
> If we had the .src packages then we could try to fix them, but the repo
> doesn't include src.
>
> Actually that's another minor niggle. Because there are no src packages,
> you also get bitten by this bug if you use add-apt-repository:
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/software-properties/+bug/987264

The Debian packages we build can certainly use some improvements.

Have you looked at the Condor package in the official Debian sid and wheezy repositories? They're missing a few of the features available in the Debian packages we offer directly, but they're properly formatted Debian packages.

As developer time permits, we'd like to have the two set of packages converge.

Thanks and regards,
Jaime Frey
UW-Madison HTCondor Project