[Condor-users] Pausing the Queue

We have a recurring problem; our grid is so successful that there are typically several hundred jobs in the queue 24/7 and downtime is hard to schedule.  We are still growing and upgrading our infrastructure, so we need system downtime on a sporadic basis to change configurations or bring new equipment online.  Because of the way our application is architected, these changes go beyond adding or removing compute nodes, the changes affect every copy of the application that is running on the grid.  Is there a way to pause the job queue without asking users to delete their jobs so that we can allow the jobs running to finish with no new ones starting?  This would allow us to wait for the grid to go idle, do our work and then resume job submission.

Thanks,

- Kevin

Kevin McGee
A2C5 Radar Modeling and Simulation Section Supervisor
A2C Missile Defense Radar Engineering Group
Air & Missile Defense Department
Email: Kevin.McGee@xxxxxxxxxx
The Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory
11100 Johns Hopkins Road
Laurel MD 20723-6099
(240) 228-0710 / Washington DC
(443) 778-0710 / Baltimore MD