From: Ian Chesal <ichesal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Condor-Users Mail List <condor-users@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 08/31/2010 12:47 PM
Subject: Re: [Condor-users] Windows and load_profile
Sent by: condor-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

On Tue, Aug 31, 2010 at 12:24 PM, Michael O'Donnell <odonnellm@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

Can someone explain how load_profile submit file command works? Does this load a profile on the execute machine if the profile exists or is it loading the user's profile into the window station from the submit machine.

Hi Mike,

It loads a user profile on the execute machine. It can't be used with run_as_owner so it won't ever load your submitting user's profile. If you don't set this or set it to False you get a leaner execution environment for the job without the user registry access and environment settings. If you have software that expects to be able to access a user hive in the registry turning this to true usually solves the issue. Example: I find it necessary to use this with jobs that want to run Excel-based work.

Regards,
- Ian

Cycle Computing, LLC
The Leader in Open Compute Solutions for Clouds, Servers, and Desktops
Enterprise Condor Support and Management Tools

http://www.cyclecomputing.com
Condor-users mailing list
subject: Unsubscribe
You can also unsubscribe by visiting