[Condor-users] file transfer between globus gatekeeper and condor execute nodes

Hello,

I want to submit jobs to a gt5 gatekeeper managing a remote condor pool.
Initially they wouldn't run because the gatekeeper expects the existence
of a shared filesystem between it and the execute nodes (as shown by
condor_q):

Requirements = (OpSys == "WINNT51" && Arch == "INTEL") && (Disk >=
DiskUsage) && ((Memory * 1024) >= ImageSize) && (TARGET.FileSystemDomain
== MY.FileSystemDomain)

There is no shared filesystem at the remote pool, so I needed to let the
gatekeeper know it has to tell condor to use it's file transfer
mechanism. I added a globusRSL parameter to my submit files:

globusRSL = (condorsubmit=(shouldtransferfiles
'yes')(whentotransferoutput 'on_exit'))

This seems kind of backwards; local users shouldn't need to know the
specifics of a globus resource's LRM. Google turned up a 2005 page detailing a change to globus' condor.pm:

http://www.hep.wisc.edu/~dan/Globus_Condor_NoSharedFS.html

This would work for the executable and standard streams, but not for any additional files specified by transfer_input_files, so I would still need to add those to the globusRSL string?

Is there any better way to do this yet?

Thanks,

Rob de Graaf