Re: [Condor-users] GPU and condor?

I don't have much experience with GPUs either, but as far as I know, a GPU cannot be partitioned in order to run different kernels (the execution job) at the same time. Its true that a kernel can be specified to run on only part of the GPU (e.g. 32 of the 800 cores), but I believe the remainder of the cores will be idle, and cannot simply be assigned to a different kernel. Getting to the point where a GPU could be treated like a collection of separate cores would be great, but I don't think its as straight forward as one might think, at least with today's GPU hardware. If anyone has more experience with GPUs, and how this might be achievable in practice, I'd be curious to learn more.

Cheers,
Ioan