Re: [Condor-users] Max. amount of Jobs in queue

Max Raith wrote:
> Hey Condor Users,
>
> Condor is set up in a Pool of 5 Windows Machines(Intel Dual Cores).
> So far it works fine and first test runs were successful. Our goal is
> to run a simulation and an analysis with 150000 input files. The
> Submisson took a while, but it worked. So we let the Condorpool do
> its work over the night and its still running. So we have some
> concerns about the maximuam amout of jobs in the scheduler of the
> central manager. Are there any known restrictions or limits? As I
> havent used the requeriement statement in the submit file ,  it seems
> that the order the jobs are executed happends randomly. Can I
> influnce this behavoir in any way? I would like to have a first in
> first out principe.
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Best regards
>
> Max Raith

Have a look at job priorities...

http://www.cs.wisc.edu/condor/manual/v7.3/2_7Priorities_Preemption.html#SECTION00371000000000000000

And, man condor_submit (search for "priority = <integer>"

The Schedd has a default limit of *running* 200 jobs at a time, but that
won't effect you until you have >200 slots available. A single Schedd
should not have much problem with 150K submitted jobs. Are there
specific concerns?

Best,

matt