Re: [Condor-users] Condor Group Accounting

Hi Steve and Robert,

Thanks for the guide.

-----Original Message-----
From: condor-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:condor-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Steven Timm
Sent: Tuesday, March 03, 2009 10:51 PM
To: Condor-Users Mail List
Subject: Re: [Condor-users] Condor Group Accounting

On Tue, 3 Mar 2009, Noorisyam Hamid wrote:

>> Good Day everybody,
>>
>> I have a question about amount of share that is distributed among the
>> groups via group accounting.
>> Let say I have 100 resources in the pool and the shares have been
>> configured as follows:
>>
>> VOA = 75
>> VOB = 25
>>
>> Conceptually, VOA will receive 75 of resources while the rest will be
>> taken by VOB.
>>
>> Due to the dynamic nature of grid in terms of fluctuation of
resources
>> availabilities, the pool suddenly shrink to 50 resources.
>> May I know what will happen to the resource allocation? Is the share
>> will be distributed based on percentage 75% : 25% ??

VOA could still take up to the full 50 if you configure it that way.
I had heard that condor was planning to add the feature to allocate
percentages of the pool to group quotas but I do not see it
in the current manual.  Maybe someone else has tried?

> And one more thing, each time of updating the amount of share in the
> global policy requires Condor to be restarted?

No--you just have to do a condor_reconfig on the machine
that is running the condor_negotiator.

Steve Timm