Re: [Condor-users] java machines with > 2gb

Thank you everybody, for all of your explanations and help and suggestions.
However, there seems to be a great deal of misunderstanding about my
problem:

I am not trying to use >2gb of heap space.

I am NOT trying to use >2gb of heap space.

I AM trying to get my machine to show up in the pool.

You'll note from my previous posts that I'm setting -Xmx1g

Yes, I realize that on a 64-bit machine I theoretically *could* address much
more than 2gb.  I also know that java on that machine works fine using heap
spaces of much more than 2gb, as I've tried it.  However, for Condor, I
don't care--I'm content with 1gb (a number that is a safe distance from any
artificially-imposed-by-java ~2gb limit as documented in the condor docs), I
just can't use it at all if it doesn't show up in the pool, and that's the
problem.  Even when I use the workaround from the manual, which works on the
32-bit machines, I still can't get the 64-bit machine into the pool.

Michael