Re: [Condor-users] time spend in the queue

Frédéric Bastien wrote:
Hi,

I want to know each job spend how many time in the queue. I do it this way:

condor_history -format "%s " QDate -format "%s \n" JobStartDate

Then I parse it and substract the first number from the second
one(JobStartDate-QDate).

This give me from time to time negative time... Is this the good way
to know the time speed in the queue?

I know this only give me the time spent for jobs that have been
started and don't take into account jobs that are started multiple
time.

thanks

Frédéric Bastien

It is somewhat strange that the number would be negative. The QDate is set when the job is submitted and the JobStartDate is set when the first condor_shadow is started for your job.

What kind of negative numbers are you seeing, -1 or -1000?

Best,

matt