Re: [Condor-users] Make sure you have CONFIG access to the target Master.

On Nov 12, 2008, at 9:04 AM, Alas, Alex [FEDI] wrote:

Hello to all,
I am trying to configure CredD for windows in my condor pool. So far I only have 2 execute/submit computers and one central manager so in total 3 systems in my condor pool. Following a tutorial I found from Greg Quinn, I configured CredD. My central manager is configured to act as the CredD host. When I was trying to set the pool password, I had a problem in one of the systems, the error coming back is the subject of this e-mail: Make sure you have CONFIG access to the target Master.

An explanation and config examples to setup CONFIG to your CredD machine can be found in Section 3.6.3.4 (whew!) of the Condor Manual -- this section discussed Password Authentication. URL is

http://www.cs.wisc.edu/condor/manual/v7.0/3_6Security.html#SECTION00463400000000000000

You can also reference slide 18 on the tutorial online at
  http://www.cs.wisc.edu/condor/PCW2007/presentations/quinn_windows.ppt

If you had trouble setting the pool password on your credd machine, perhaps did you just forget the put something like
   HOSTALLOW_CONFIG = hostname-of-credd-box.foo
?
You mentioned your credd service is running on the same machine as the central manager... so you could do
   HOSTALLOW_CONFIG = $(CONDOR_HOST)
in your credd machine (and of course do condor_reconfig or condor_restart after editing the file!). This means only people able to login to your central manager are able to set the pool password....

hope this helps,
Todd

--
Todd Tannenbaum                       University of Wisconsin-Madison
Condor Project Research               Department of Computer Sciences