Re: [Condor-users] [newbie question: launch a specific job depending on the exit value of the previous]

On Wed, 7 May 2008, Jean-Pierre Ocalan wrote:

Thanks Kent,

But how can I pass in argument to the child PRE SCRIPT the parent job status or the parent job id ?

Ah, yeah, I guess I should have made that clear. Your POST scripts for the parent nodes would have to save the job status somewhere outside of the structure of the DAG -- in other words, they could write to some known file that the PRE script of the child node can read, for example.

Kent Wenger
Condor Team