Re: [Condor-users] How to get Machine Availability using Condor

On Feb 8, 2008 5:28 PM, Saurabh Agarwal <sagarwa1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi Ian,
>

> >Do you mean you don't want to use condor_status?
>
> The problem with using condor_status everytime , is I want to know the
> status of the resource where I am running the script(CRON Job) and now if
> this request goes everytime to my collector(Central Manager) over the
> network, it may increase the network traffic and the information could be
> stale too once in a while. Since the collector will be sending the
> information which it received from my machine. Now if my Cron job runs for
> every minute, then this could increase a lot of traffic on my network.

condor_status -direct may avoid a network trip (except via the local
adaptor). I cannot recall if it uses the collector to find the host's
port or not (a smaller task that asking it for the actual data but a
packet or two nonetheless)

Matt