Re: [Condor-users] Mac OS X and NFS

On Apr 12, 2008, at 7:22 AM, Craig Bruce wrote:

I run a mixed (Linux & Mac) condor pool. I can successfully use NFS or local files with my submission scripts on linux. However on the Macs, only local files work. When I use NFS files e.g. /proj/craigb/condor/weka_test/ oRF (which is valid on all execute nodes), my tasks goes on hold and the log
shows this error:

007 (018.000.000) 04/12 13:00:43 Shadow exception!
       Error from starter on slot1@XXXXXX: Failed to open
'/private/var/automount/proj/craigb/condor/weka_test/oRF' as sta
ndard output: No such file or directory (errno 2)
       0  -  Run Bytes Sent By Job
       0  -  Run Bytes Received By Job

/private/var/automount/proj/craigb/condor/weka_test/oRF is the full path on the mac, but /proj/craigb/condor/weka_test/oRF is how I would access the
file (the system has made this a symlink to the full path).

Has anyone else come across this and if so did you find a workaround?

Which machines are macs in this problem case? The submit machine, the execute machine, or both?

Is /private/var/automount/proj/craigb/condor/weka_test/oRF a valid path to the file on the execute machine?

Thanks and regards,
Jaime Frey
UW-Madison Condor Team