[Condor-users] Data corruption on standard universe

Hi,

I am having a problem involving data corruption when writing a binary file from a program running in the standard universe. The program opens a file at the beginning and writes data to it along the run. I can compare the output when running locally, on vanilla and standard universes. The executable is the same (standard-universe ready). A local run and vanilla universe give the same result, but the standard universe writes a corrupted file. The corruption is random in the sense that I cannot predict when it will happen, but when it happens it is reproducible (i.e. I get the same results when running again with the same input data). I write the data to standard output just before and just after calling fwrite() and I get the correct value (the same that is written when running locally or under vanilla).

I am running on Debian Linux, kernel 2.6.x.

Condor version is

$CondorVersion: 6.8.4 Feb  1 2007 $
$CondorPlatform: I386-LINUX_RHEL3 $

the compiler is

g++ (GCC) 4.1.2 20061115 (prerelease) (Debian 4.1.1-21)

Has anyone in the list found this problem?

Thanks a lot

Tomas