Re: [Condor-users] how to ask an execute machine "stop after this job" ?

On 5/15/07, Nicolas GUIOT <nicolas.guiot@xxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,

I need to make some maintenance on some execute machines.
How can I tell them "Finish the job you are running right now, but don't start any new one (until I authorize it again...)" ?

condor_off -peaceful -subst startd -name <hostname>

See: http://www.cs.wisc.edu/condor/manual/v6.8/condor_off.html#53615

I can't recall if that prevents new jobs from running on other VMs on the machine if one VM takes a particularly long time for it's job to finish. It should. Seems like a bug if that's not what it does.

- Ian