Re: [Condor-users] job_queue.log missing

Junjun,

Your job_queue.log should get updated when you submit a job. Also, condor_preen should not mess with job_queue.log. Are you getting indications to the contrary?

The file should not just be zero bytes, either. There should at least be a header line that indicates the historical sequence number. In 6.8.3 there is a bug fix for one case in which this header line was not being written into the file. If you upgrade to 6.8.3 and the file remains empty, I'd really like to see your SchedLog.

--Dan

Junjun Mao wrote:
Well, after I touched a 0 byte job_queue.log file, it was being updated after 13:40, and the 0 byte file was successfully copied as job_queue.log.4 (why not job_queue.log.1?).

What events other than condor_preen may update job_queue.log? When I submited a job, I didn't see it being updated.

Junjun