[Condor-users] Submit job from the UW Madison CS lab computers

Hello,

I'm new to Condor and have been trying to submit a very simple job just to test it out, but have so far been unsuccessful. As the subject states, I've been trying to do this from the computers in the UW CS labs with the binaries in /unsup/condor/bin, but when I do a condor_submit it tells me that it can't find the address of a local schedd. After looking at the process listing it appears that the daemon is not running on that machine, so to me it looks like I have to submit it to a remote machine, but the problem is I don't know which machines this would work with. It appears to me that all I need to do is specify a remote machine using something of the form 'condor_submit -remote [remote_machine] [submit_file]'.

Kevin Beranek