Re: [Condor-users] Installing Condor 6.8.1 on Windows XP Pro x64

On 10/13/06, Andrey Kaliazin <A.Kaliazin@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi

Condor 6.8.0 works very well on my w64 box. It definitely executes
normal 32-bit jobs submitted from other nodes in the pool.
I have not tried to run 64-bit applications on it through Condor
as it is the only w64 box in the pool yet.
But I would imagine there will be no problem submitting 64-bit apps
from 32-bit nodes, as Condor does not care about the content of
an executable and just passes it onto an execute node.

Have submitted AnyCpu .net jobs in vanilla from 32bit XP to 64bit
machine where it ran, by default on the 64bit runtimes as expected.
This was using a wrapper script though I doubt that would make a difference.

As to native code I would expect that to work unless since
CreateProcess should quite happily launch a 64bit process from a 32bit
one.

Matt