[Condor-users] Condor, Condor-G and Hawkeye

Hello, list!

I have some small questions about hawkeye.

My context:
- a globus grid (GT 4.0.2) of linux machines
- a condor pool (6.7.19, not yet 6.7.20:-) managing one usual machine (Linux) and the previous Globus Grid.
- I "manually" send ads for the grid nodes to the condor_collector, and these machines appear when I call condor_status. I am able to automatically dispatch jobs using condor-G. But I still have do advertise by hand.

I would have some automatic state collection for my grid. Hawkeye seems to be a solution, but I don't find a good online documentation about it.

My questions:
* Is hawkeye the tool I need to collect my grid's nodes states?
* If it is true, do I have to install hawkeye on all the nodes? Can I instead install it on the main index node?
* Do you have any useful links, or any good advice?
* Why does hawkeye_collector listen to the same default port than condor_collector? This cause condor_master to be unable to spawn condor_collector or a bind error.
* So, Does hawkeye's daemons replace some Condor daemons?

I understand the "which does what" of the condor daemons, but I have a lack with Hawkeye. It seems that Hawkeye and Condor have overlapping concerns.

Thank you (the list) for your help.
Thank you (the condor-team) for the great job you've done.

Jean-François Smigielski.

iBELGIQUE, exprimez-vous !
http://web.ibelgique.com/