Re: [Condor-users] Query

On 2/14/06, Sameer Bahl <sameer.bahl@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am installing condor and want to know if it is possible to have the
> central manager as a Linux machine and the execution nodes as windows based
> machines. Any help would be appreciated.

If by central manager you mean the negotiator/collector then that
should be just fine.

If you mean to have windows submit machines that should pretty much just work*

If you mean to have *nix based machines submitting to windows based
machines this will take considerably more effort depending on how
fancy you want to be...

Matt

* Submit machines by default will only work will machines of the same
Operating System and Architecture, thus if you have Win2k submit
machines they will by default not allow jobs to run on Win2003/WinXP
for example. This is trivial to change in submit files.