Re: [Condor-users] Collector's view of the world really out of syncwith reality

> Probably so obvious as to be stupid, but have you checked that
> both boxes are  using network time sync?

Sometimes it's the most obvious things we overlook. Alas, I *thought* I
had ntp enabled on the negotiator. But I did not. Starting up ntpd and
waiting 30 minutes brought the clocks in sync and all is right in my
little world again.

Thanks for the suggestion. And here's the moral for the annals of Condor
knowledge: if you write preemption policies that reference job run time
make sure your clocks on all your machines are synchronized or you're in
for some surprises.

- Ian