[Condor-users] Vanilla troubleshooting on Windows

All,
I'm new to condor & have installed it on several windows 2000 machines.  I've been able to run the examples successfully & even some vanilla jobs.  Other vanilla jobs run, but don't provide the output back to the submit node.  In the job log I see an entry like:
Abnormal Termination (signal -1073741819)
No core file

On the execute nodes, I have entries such as below in log files:

setenvironmentvariable failed, errno=203
my_popen: createprocess failed
failed to execute D:\condor\bin\condor_starter.std.exe, ignoring

Can anyone get me pointed in the right direction...thanks