Re: [Condor-users] New to Condor

Hi Hrant,

1. We'd like to have Condor be able to force a job onto a particular node. For example, I'd like to know how to start a job on node3 regardless of the current load average, etc. It would also be useful to nice the other jobs (if any) currently running on the node. In this way we'd like to have a mechanism in place for letting someone run an "emergency" job without having to wait in the queue or waiting for specific resources to free-up.
Try adding custom attributes to the machine's ClassAd. For example, in node3's condor_config file, add these lines:

NODE3=TRUE
STARTD_EXPRS=NODE3

In your job's submit file, add NODE3 to the "Requirements=" line. Condor should automatically try scheduling that job on the only machine with the NODE3 attribute.

 - Armen

--
Armen Babikyan
MIT Lincoln Laboratory