Re: [Condor-users] Variables in dag files?

On Fri, May 20, 2005 at 10:38:18AM +0200, Horvatth Szabolcs wrote:
> Hi,
>

> Is it possible defining and using variables in a DAG file? I have lots of similar lines and I'd like
> to simplify them by making the paths and some arguments variables.

do you mean you would like to share one submit file for multiple dag
nodes?  if so, you can do that.  look for the 'VARS' option in the
condor manual, at the end of section 2.11.1:

  http://www.cs.wisc.edu/condor/manual/v6.6.9/2_11DAGMan_Applications.html#SECTION003111000000000000000

if i remember correctly you cannot use VARS for specifying the executable or
log.  but otherwise, create a submit file with everything in it other than the
variables you will be passing, and make a dag file something like this:

Job  A  compute_something.sub
Job  B  compute_something.sub
Vars A  Arguments="1 2 3"
Vars B  Arguments="2 4 6"