RE: [Condor-users] counting licenses

Solving such a problem (ie runtime determination of the availability of
a given resource) would be very interesting for me too. In my case, the
resources are software licences controlled by a flexlm daemon. Both
condor jobs and other (non-condor) users need to be able to access and
share such resources.
So far we've been using busy-waiting, but this is a less-than-perfect
solution, as it's quite wasteful.

Would something like shell "backtick" command be implementable in the
scheduler? Main problem I see is that, between the moment the scheduler
checks for the availability of a resource and the actual resource being
claimed, someone else could come in and 'steal' it. Am I right?

Thanks,
Andrea

--
Andrea Olgiati - Elixent - Castlemead, Lwr Castle St., Bristol BS1 3AG,
UK